Undergraduate - OU-Norman Early Admission
Undergraduate - Direct Early Admission to the Traditional BSN track for OU Students
The early admission option for OU Norman students to the BSN program was created to offer outstanding prospective students the opportunity to secure positions in the BSN program earlier than the normal admission cycle. Positions are limited and applicants not admitted will be considered in the regular application/ selection pool.
The application deadline for early admission is October 15.
Requirements (selection is competitive)
To be considered for early admission, an applicant must:
- Apply and be admitted to the University of Oklahoma Norman campus
- Be in good standing at the University of Oklahoma
- Complete 24 credit hours (of specific College of Nursing prerequisite courses) to include 2 College of Nursing pre-requisite science courses with at least one completed at OU Norman
- Must earn minimum grades of C in all pre-requisites
- Must have a 2.5 overall grade point average and a 2.5 pre-requisite science grade point average as of October 15th application deadline
- Apply to the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Have earned a minimum score of 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based) or 100 (internet based) within two years prior to application on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if English is not the applicant’s first language.
- While completing the remaining pre-requisite courses, newly admitted students must maintain a 2.5 overall grade point average and a 2.5 pre-requisite science grade point average
- By July 1, and prior to initial fall College of Nursing enrollment, each newly admitted student must submit official transcripts to demonstrate completion of all required coursework
See the sample Degree Plan
- Apply to the University of Oklahoma HSC by October 15. Documents that must accompany the application are: (1) official transcripts to document all previous coursework, (2) copy of current term class schedule and (3) a completed pre-requisite worksheet to detail plans for completion the remaining pre-requisite coursework
- Conditionally admitted students will be identified by January 15
- Conditional admission letters are delivered by US regular mail by February 1
- Confirmations of acceptance must be received by the College of Nursing Students Affairs Office prior to March 1
- Unsuccessful applicants to the Direct Early Admission program will be re-considered (without reapplication) for admission during the regular admission period and notified by April 15 of the Admissions Committee’s decision
A conditional admit to the BSN program by way of the Early Admission Program must satisfy all remaining admission requirements during the Spring term prior to initial Fall enrollment. Should the conditional admit fail to complete the admission requirements or fail to submit documentation to confirm completion, the early admission is forfeited and the student may apply through the next regular admission period.
Cheryl Laidacker - OU Norman Pre-Nursing Club Faculty Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-271-2428
Margaret Robinson - OU College of Nursing Recruiter: email@example.com or 405-271-2428