ADVANCED STANDING CREDIT
The National League for Nursing (NLN) Acceleration Challenge Examinations offers LPNs the opportunity to earn up to 30 hours of advanced standing credit toward completion of baccalaureate-level coursework.
The following are required for credit to be placed on the student's academic record:
- Successful completion of all four NLN examinations;
- Subsequent admission to the OU CON LPN-BSN program;
- Subsequent, successful completion of one clinical course of the LPN-BSN program;
- Successful completion of 12 or more semester hours of academic coursework at the OU College of Nursing
The objective of the examinations is to validate previous learning as preparation for the accelerated LPN-BSN program. The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Fran and Earl Ziegler College of Nursing will administer the examinations at an OU College of Nursing campus. Testing must be completed prior to applying to the LPN-BSN program. Applicants are encouraged to take one exam at a time or may take all four exams during the same testing session. Please consult with an advisor to determine your best approach. The total cost for all exams is $240.00.
- Care of the Adult Client (4 hours – 200 Questions) $80.00 Assesses knowledge of the nursing care of adult clients with a variety of common health problems. Applicable to various practice settings.
- Care of the Client with a Mental Disorder (2 Hours – 100 Questions) $80.00 Addresses the broad spectrum of psychological wellness and illness. Evaluates understanding of psychosocial assessment and nursing intervention strategies to support client strengths.
- Care of the Client During Childbearing (2 Hours – 97 Questions) $40.00 Assesses knowledge of nursing care of clients during the antepartal, intrapartal, and postpartal periods.
- Care of the Child (2 Hours – 100 Questions) $40.00 Addresses the nursing care of children and adolescents in various stages of health and fitness.
A test result of 70% is required to pass.
Test takers who fail any exam for a second time can repeat the exams starting the following June. Test takers may re-take each exam once during the annual June-March testing cycle to maintain eligibility for admission to the LPN-BSN program each year. Potential LPN/BSN applicants are also welcome to apply to the Traditional Two-Year BSN program.
NCLEX RN review books and/or any textbooks pertaining to the above subject matters. Test takers are advised that test material will cover content in addition to your LPN education. Please do not attempt these exams without studying.
Faculty led test prep sessions to prepare students to test for the NLN Entrance Exams
Friday, June 8, 2018- 8:30 am-12:30 pm- OKC Campus- Pediatrics- $50 - Register here
Friday, June 15, 2018- 11:00 am-3:00 pm- OKC Campus- Mental Health- $50- Register here
Friday, June 22, 2018- 8:00 am-12:00 pm- OKC Campus- OB- $50- Register here
Saturday, June 23, 2018- 10:00 am-4:30 pm- Tulsa Campus- Mental Health and OB- $100- Register here
****Tulsa participants should register June 8th to attend the June 15 or June 23rd sessions in OKC. The OKC sessions will be canceled if there are less than 4 participants and the Tulsa sessions will be canceled if there are less than 6 people.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
On the day of the exam the test taker must show picture identification at registration.