DNP Application Process
*We are accepting applications for fall 2013 admission. The extended deadline was April 1, 2013; however, we will continue to accept applications until all seats are filled. Preference will be given to applicants who have completed and submitted all application materials by February 1, 2013. Incomplete applications may not be reviewed for admission. Please note the specific application deadline for your pathway.
Step 1: Apply to the OU Health Sciences Center Campus
- Admission Application for the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (You will have to first create an account).
- Complete University application.
- Complete DNP supplemental
- Upload a copy of current curriculum vitae or resume
- Upload personal statement and goals (based on questions found within the DNP supplemental)
- Application to the OU College of Nursing Doctor of Nursing Practice Program (This must be completed separately from the online application #1 above.)
- If you have trouble with this application contact the OUHSC Office of Admissions & Records at 405-271-2359.
- Application Fees should be paid online or sent by check to the OUHSC Office of Admissions & Records.
Step 2: Submit supplemental application and required material
Mail supplemental application and required material to:
OU College of Nursing Patricia Wilhelm
PO Box 26901, CNB 105
Oklahoma City, OK 73126-0901
Step 3: Send official transcripts and current class schedules
- Submit Official Transcripts (must be in sealed envelopes) from all institutions previously attended. Students at the OU-Norman campus must also submit their Norman transcripts in a sealed envelope. A verification of enrollment (including coursework) must also be submitted for any coursework that the applicant is currently enrolled in and/or will take in upcoming semesters. We will accept a copy of your class schedule if the verification of enrollment will not list your coursework. Outstanding documentation may affect your admission status.
Transcripts should be mailed to:
OUHSC Office of Admissions & Records
PO Box 26901, BSEB 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73126-0901
|Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
||April 1, 2013*
- Check your Application Status to confirm that all application materials are received and that all coursework is posted to your file. Incomplete applications may not be reviewed. Application FAQ's Questions regarding Letters of Recommendation, NP and CNS Supplemental Applications should be directed to the College of Nursing 1-877-367-6876
- Admission Decisions:
Complete applications will be processed only after the application deadline has passed. The application review process will take approximately 2 months to complete. You will be notified by mail regarding your admission status. Admission decisions will not be added to your online check list.
- Incomplete Applications:
It is the applicant's responsibility to confirm that all admission requirements are met and that all coursework (including scheduled courses) is posted for proper evaluation of your application. You will NOT be contacted by the College if your application is deficient or incomplete. Again, this is your responsibility.
You may contact a College of Nursing advisor
Updated: MR 07/12/12