Pharmacology Courses for APRN's
- Legal Basis of Nursing Practice in Oklahoma
- Safe Medication Administration in Today's Healthcare Systems
- Ethical Issues in Healthcare
- Acute Renal Pharmacology and Chronic Renal Pharmacology (2 hours)
- Anti-Arrhythmic Drugs (1 hour
- Antibiotic Prescribing Update (1 hour)
- Anticoagulation Update and Reversal of Anticoagulations (1 hour)
- Anti-platelet and Anti-coagulant Therapy (1 hour)
- Antiretroviral Agents and the Treatment of HIV (1 hour)
- Aromatase Inhibitor Therapy for hormone responsive breast cancer: An Overview for the Advanced Practice Provider (1 hour)
- Assessment &Treatment of the Sleep Apnea Client (1 hour)
- Assessment and Treatment of the Brittle Diabetic (2 hours)
- Asthma and Allergy Update (1 hour)
- Atypical Wounds: Identify, Quantify and Rectify (2 hours)
- Childhood Gastrointestinal Issues (1 hour)
- Contemporary Concepts in Pulmonary Hypertension (1 hour)
- Diagnosis and Management of Diabetes Insipidus (1 hour)
- Identification and Treatment of Basal Cell Carcinoma and Identification and Treatment of Actinic Keratosis, Keratoacanthoma and Squamous Cell Carcinoma (2 hours)
- Identification and Treatment of Common Skin Problems (2 hours)
- Identification and Treatment of Delirium and Dementia (1 hour)
- Identifying and Treating Weird and Wonderful Wounds (1 hour)
- Interstitial Cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome (1 hour)
- Managing Nephrotoxicity—Methods to Estimate Creatine Clearance and How to Reduce Toxicity fromMedications Cleared by the Kidney and Medication Induced Nephrotoxicity (1 hour)
- Management of Acute and Chronic Heart Failure (1 hour)
- Management of Children with Ambiguous Genitalia (1 hour)
- Management of Epilepsy and Seizures (1 hour)
- Management of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) (1 hour)
- Pediatric Asthma and Allergy Update (1 hour)
- Pediatric Diabetes Update (1 hour)
- Pediatric Obesity Management (1 hour)
- Pharmacotherapy Considerations in the Treatment of Influenza and Community-Acquired Pneumonia (CAP) in Adults (1 hour)
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (1 hour)
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (1 hour)
- Preventative Measures in Inflammatory Bowel Disease (1 hour)
- Reducing Polypharmacy in the Very Old (1 hour)
- Safety in Prescribing Practices: Adults Living with Chronic Medical & Mental Illnesses (1 hour)
- Spectrum of Venous Thrombosis: Diagnosis and Treatment/Evaluation and Management of Critical Limb Ischemia (1.5 hours)
- The Impact of the New Oral Antithrombotic Medications (1 hour)
- The Pharmacology of Heart Failure (1 hour)
- Updates in Inflammatory Bowel Disease (1 hour)
- Urology Pharmacology (1 hour)
- Vaccinations in Inflammatory Bowel Disease (1 hour)
All Pharmacology sessions have been approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing for the noted contact hours (Level C pharmacology credit for Advanced Practice Nurses taking pharmacology courses). It is the responsibility of the nurse to determine whether the course content is relevant to their scope of practice when submitting hours earned in these pharmacology course for a portion of prescriptive authority. Those completing each session and completing the online quiz and evaluation will be awarded continuing nursing education credit and Oklahoma Board of Nursing approved pharmacology contact hours (only pharmacology programs).
The University of Oklahoma Fran and Earl Ziegler College of Nursing is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Western Multi-State Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurse Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.(Certificate #UOC-0616 - Approval expires 10/01/2019)
The cost is $25 per year to access D2L CE content plus the price of the desired CE offering ($15/ non-pharmacology CEU and $25/Pharmacology CEU). The more you purchase, the cheaper the cost per CE.
If you want to engage in 5 hours of CEU this year, you will be charged $25 D2L fee plus $75 CEU fee = $100/5 non-pharmacology CEUs.
If you want to engage in 10 hours of CEU this year, you will be charged $25 D2L fee plus $150 CEU fee = $175/10 non-pharmacology CEUs.
PROCESS & REGISTRATION
- Select the sessions you want to watch and add up the number of CE credits (some sessions are for more than 1 CE credit).
- Register and pay for your selected sessions by clicking on the "register now" button below.
- Once you have registered for a course, you will receive instructions via email informing you how to access the course. Please allow 3 business day.
- Open course links and watch the presentation(s) from your computer.
- Take a short quiz and complete evaluation for each session at the paperclip inside the Mediasite link.
Courses are open enrollment. To register online click here
or you can contact the University of Oklahoma Continuing Education Department at 405-271-2062. Group discounts are available.