The OUCN offers the following resources for the convenience of our students but not as an endorsement of any particular site or business.
- Library Skills: Study Skills Tutorial - Time management, note taking, reading, writing, presentations, revision, and test-taking techniques. Consists of interactive exercises and reading list.
- Robert Bird Library: Locating Library Materials
- The Internet Public Library - Internet resources that include references, magazines and serials, newspapers, online texts, and web searches
- Medline - Bibliographic Database - Free access through PubMed and Grateful Med
- CINAHL - A comprehensive database that covers nursing and allied health literature from 1982 to the present.
Guides on Writing
- A Beginner's Guide to Effective Email - How to write efficient, clear, and effective email
- Paradigm Online Writing Assistant (Boise State University)
- Writing Services (Sweet Briar College)
- Writing Skills - How to cite World Wide Web information, citing Internet resources with APA, steps to writing a research paper, and steps for writing essays.
- Writing Style and Technique - Audience and tone, logic and arguments, sentences, words and phrases, paragraphs, coherence, clarity, conciseness, transitions, gender-free writing, writing on the computer