The Sooner Palliative Care Institute
The Sooner Palliative Care Institute is a university based interdisciplinary research and education institute that focuses on making significant contributions to the science of palliative care. Your donations can greatly support these efforts. Please visit our donations page for more information on supporting palliative care.
The vision of the Sooner Palliative Care Institute is that:
- Oklahomans with advanced chronic illness and those that are terminally ill, and their caregivers, will receive high quality palliative care services from all professional caregivers.
- Interdisciplinary professional educational activities and research related to palliative care are funded and supported.
Structure & Goals of the Institute
- Generate a research data base to support the delivery of high quality palliative care.
- Seek funding from local, state, and national grantors to support the work of the Institute.
- Professional caregivers will have the education and support necessary to provide excellent palliative care.
- Engage professional organizations in activities to develop strategies for influencing palliative care interdisciplinary professional curriculum, continuing education, recruitment, and strategies.
- Develop a research agenda with federal funding support to develop the Institute into a Center for Excellence in Palliative Care.