Registered nurse to bsn
A flexible degree program for individuals who are working as RNs and want to earn a bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Application Deadline:
- Program Start:
August - Fall
- Locations Available:
OKC, Lawton, Tulsa
- Length of Program:*
Full-time - 9 months (2 sem)
- 2 years (4 sem)
- Credit Hours:
60 semester hours
(30 nursing advanced standing hours, 30 by enrollment to be completed within the program)
- Degree Awarded:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Part-Time Study Available?
APPLY NOW »
Current Student Information
About the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN): RN to BSN Program
The Career Mobility RN to BSN program is a flexible degree program for individuals who are working as registered nurses and want to earn a bachelor’s degree in nursing. The nursing curriculum is 60 credit hours, with 30 hours earned through advanced standing and 30 by enrollment to be completed within the program. Designed to be completed in just nine months (two semesters) of full-time study from August to May or two years (four semesters) of part-time study, the RN to BSN program offers Saturday classes and internet-based coursework to accommodate working nurses. Graduates from this program receive a BSN degree .
Terminal Program Objectives
Upon successful completion of the University of Oklahoma College of Nursing Baccalaureate Degree Program the graduate will be prepared to:
- Provide entry-level safe, competent, ethical care to culturally diverse individuals, families and populations across health care settings and across the lifespan.
- Function effectively as a member of the Nursing Profession and as a member of an interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Practice professional nursing based on current evidence.
- Assume accountability for evaluation and improvement of nursing practice.
- Integrate the safe and confidential use of information technology and health care technology into one’s practice as a professional nurse.