ADVANCED STANDING CREDIT
The National League for Nursing (NLN) Acceleration Challenge Examinations offers LPNs the opportunity to earn up to 30 hours of advanced standing credit toward completion of baccalaureate-level coursework.
The following are required for credit to be placed on the student's academic record:
- Successful completion of all four NLN examinations;
- Subsequent admission to the OU CON LPN-BSN program;
- Subsequent, successful completion of one clinical course of the LPN-BSN program;
- Successful completion of 12 or more semester hours of academic coursework at the OU College of Nursing
The objective of the examinations is to validate previous learning as preparation for the accelerated LPN-BSN program. The National League of Nursing will administer and proctor all exams. Be sure to select to share the score with The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Fran and Earl Ziegler College of Nursing.
Testing must be completed prior to applying to the LPN-BSN program. Applicants are encouraged to take one exam at a time or may take all four exams during the same testing session. In order to arrange your test online, you will need to go to www.nln.org.
Due to a change in testing policy, students will now direct pay the NACE exam(s) and Remote Proctoring Fees to NLN.
Click to read the PDF with directions for creating a new account, purchasing the exam, and scheduling your proctor appointment. This
Guide includes important information regarding system requirements, scheduling, navigating the new NACE exam and ensuring you are ready on test day. There are agreements you need to complete. Failure to follow directions in the guide will result in loss of payment. There are no refunds for cancelled exams. To begin, download the Guide and direct your browser to the new NLN Testing Services website here .
STUDENT SUPPORT Line for NLN - 800-732-8656
EXAM TOPICS - Using Examity
- Nursing Care of Adults for Examity (E-NRA) Assesses knowledge of the nursing care of adult clients with a variety of common health problems. Applicable to various practice settings.
- Nursing Care of Client with Mental Disorder for Examity (E-NRMD) Addresses the broad spectrum of psychological wellness and illness. Evaluates understanding of psychosocial assessment and nursing intervention strategies to support client strengths.
- Nursing Care of Childbearing Family for Examity (E-NRCB) Assesses knowledge of nursing care of clients during the antepartal, intrapartal, and postpartal periods.
- Nursing Care of Children for Examity (E-NRC) Addresses the nursing care of children and adolescents in various stages of health and fitness.
WHAT TO HAVE WITH YOU
- A calculator - basic four function calculator; no advanced models
- A laptop or desktop computer with video and audio capabilities.
A test result of 70% is required to pass.
NCLEX RN review books and/or any textbooks pertaining to the above subject matters. Test takers are advised that test material will cover content in addition to your LPN education. Please do not attempt these exams without studying.
- Ascencia NACE II Exam Prep Book
- ATI RN Review Module Books
- Saunders Comprehensive Review NCLEX-RN
- Nursing Ace Study Guide https://www.mometrix.com/studyguides/nursingace/
- NLN Flashcards
- NCLEX RN Mobile Application
- Essentials of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing by Mary C. Townsend
- Wong's Essentials of Pediatric Nursing
- Fundamentals of nursing: The are and science of nursing care (9th ed.)
- Davis's drug guide for nurses (15th ed.) by A.H. Vallerand
- College of Nursing- NLN Exam Study Workshops