The Degree Completion (RN to BSN) program is a flexible degree program at the Fran and Earl Ziegler OU College of Nursing for registered nurses who want to earn a bachelor’s degree in nursing in as little as two semesters. The RN to BSN program is 30 hours, internet based, with flexible clinical practicum hours. Graduates from this program receive a BSN degree.
Three enrollment options are available:
- Fall start, nine-month (fall, spring) full-time track
- Fall start, two-year (fall, spring, fall, spring) part-time track
- Spring start, three-semester (spring, fall, spring) track, including both full and part time terms.
- Self-directed students can excel in the 100% online courses with flexible clinical practicum hours.
- Estimated weekly time commitment is 2-3 hours per course credit hour, per week i.e., 6 credit hours = 12 hrs of time per week.
- Successful students are comfortable in self directed learning in on line courses.
- No direct patient care in hospital or other acute care setting required.
- Attendance at virtual program and course orientation recommended at start of each semester.
- Relevant course work with nationally certified and doctoral prepared faculty.
Program Clinical Courses
Fall: N4044 Clinical III - Students work independently with preceptors and faculty to complete practicum assignments in person or online.
Spring: N4126 Clinical IV – Students work independently with preceptors and faculty to complete practicum hours and assignments in person or online.