Graduates from the Traditional, Accelerated, and LPN to BSN programs are eligible to sit for licensure as a registered nurse. If you are applying for licensure in the State of Oklahoma, follow the steps below:
2) Complete the Evidence of Status Form and make sure to provide any legal documentation to support legal name changes to the Oklahoma Board of Nursing
3) Complete Fingerprints and Background Checks
- You will need to go to an IdentoGo center sponsored by Idemia located within the state to provide fingerprints electronically. These sites are available by appointment only. You must visit the following website to schedule an appointment: www.identogo.com, or you must call (877) 219-0197 to make an appointment. Payment can be made during your appointment or online when scheduling. Please note that your fingerprints must be obtained electronically only at an IdentoGO center sponsored by Idemia.
- If you answer “yes” to the criminal charge, discipline, or competency questions on the application, you must submit a statement on the application form, describing the date, location and circumstances of the incident, and the resulting action taken by the court or disciplinary board. If you have more than one incident you are reporting, you must speak to every case/charge that has been filed. For more information click on the following link: http://nursing.ok.gov/rnlpnnclex07.pdf
4) When your degree is officially posted by the Office of Admissions and Records, they will automatically forward a copy of your transcript to the Oklahoma Board of Nursing unless otherwise advised.
Detailed instructions can be found under Forms/Applications on the Oklahoma Board of Nursing website:
6) Testing Accommodations for the NCLEX Exam are available to those students that have received accommodations during their academic career at OU. Using the form below, students may submit documentation supporting their approved accommodations to NCLEX prior to testing. Documentation will be provided by the ADRC Office: