Accelerated BSN for Second Degree Students
A program tailored for individuals who want to pursue a career in nursing and already have a bachelor’s or higher degree in a non-nursing major.
APPLY NOW »
- Application Deadline:
- Program Start:
June - OKC and Tulsa
January - Lawton
- Locations Available:
- Length of Program:
- Credit Hours:
60 semester hours
- Degree Awarded:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Part-Time Study Available?
Current Student Information
About the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) Degree
The Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program is tailored for individuals who want to pursue a career in nursing and already have a bachelor’s or higher degree in a non-nursing major. The nursing curriculum is 60 credit hours of courses incorporating theoretical and clinical content and designed to be completed in 14 months of concentrated study. Graduates from this program receive a BSN degree and are eligible to sit for the state examination for licensure as a registered nurse.
Terminal Program Objectives
Upon successful completion of the University of Oklahoma College of Nursing Baccalaureate Degree Program the graduate will be prepared to:
- Provide entry-level safe, competent, ethical care to culturally diverse individuals, families and populations across health care settings and across the lifespan.
- Function effectively as a member of the Nursing Profession and as a member of an interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Practice professional nursing based on current evidence.
- Assume accountability for evaluation and improvement of nursing practice.
- Integrate the safe and confidential use of information technology and health care technology into one’s practice as a professional nurse.